CRCA MEMBERSHIP LUNCHEON & SEMINARS
Register for an Event Today!
Membership meetings are open to CRCA Members and their guests with
pre-registration required. Want to become a CRCA member?
Visit CRCA Membership Page or call CRCA at 708-449-3340!
2016 CRCA Event Schedule
- January 14 - CRCA Webinar: Affordabe Care Act Reporting, 10 am
- January 20 - CRCA Emerging Leader Reception, Drury Lane Hilton, Oakbrook Terrace, 5-7 pm
- January 21-22 - 33rd Annual CRCA Trade Show & Seminars, Drury Lane, Oakbrook Terrace
- February 9th -CRCA Membership Lunch/Meeting, Maggiano's Schaumburg, Energy Code Update. Visit the CRCA Member's Only Page to learn more about this presentation.
- March 8 - CRCA MembershipLunch/ Meeting, Maggiano's Oak Brook, 11 am
- April 21 - Emerging Leader Event, Topic: Roofing & Waterproofing Technical Updates for Millennials
- May 17 - CRCA Membership Dinner/Scholarship Event, Maggiano's Oak Brook, 6:30 pm
- May 20 - CRCA White Sox Event
- July 14 - CRCA Industry Day Golf Outing, Silver Lake Country Club
- July 21 - CRCA Emerging Leader Event - Topic: Using Technology in Roofing/Waterproofing
- August 13 - CRCA @ Kane County Cougars, Geneva
- August - CRCA Emerging Leader Event
- September 13 - CRCA Membership Lunch/Meeting, Maggiano's Schaumburg, 11 am
- November 15 - CRCA Membership Lunch & Annual Meeting/Elections, Maggiano's
- December 2 - CRCA Annual Member Awards Dinner
(Note: Each CRCA Member firm is entitled to one free attendee; additional attendees are $45. Online Registrants will be billed afterward if applicable. Any cancellations must be received by CRCA the Thursday prior to the event to avoid a cancellation fee.)
Missed a CRCA Membership Meeting Presentation? Login to the CRCA Members only section for more information. Need your Member log-in info? Call CRCA at 708-449-3340 or email CRCA's Staff.
Membership Meeting Description
Membership Meetings are held four times per year and feature
time for relationship building / networking, lunch, plus
industry leading speakers. Of the four membership meetings, one is the 'CRCA Scholarship Dinner'.
CRCA Membership Meeting Luncheon topics are usually assigned to Committees to recruit and provide a speaker. Topics include:
CRCA has had several attorneys speak at the Membership Luncheons. Marjorie Newman, Esq., discussed lien rights of contractors in relation to bankers. Risk management presentations focusing on contracts have been well recieved. Leading Construction
Attorney Stanley Sklar, Esq. has also presented to the group.
Roofing & Energy Codes – CRCA has had the CIty of Chicago and State of Illinois speak to the association about energy codes as they are adpated and used by the construction industry.
Insulation Availability Issues – CRCA asked
the Insulation Industry to present what the current
situation is, why and how it occurred, plus an outlook
to the future. CRCA announced its position
paper on this important topic at this Membership Meeting.
CRCA Members heard about HB 805, a bill that could
affect workers compensation issues for all employers
at the membership meeting. Jim Clune, Esq., Garafolo,
Schreiber, Hart & Storm enlightened the group
what the bill is, and how it could affect the contracting
industry in Illinois.
Safety - CRCA Members receive safety updates from CRCA Safety Consultant Safety Check and other industry professionals on hot topics affecting the roofing and waterproofing industry.
Interesting & Fun – CRCA Members have heard from NASA Astronauts, a Mentalist, Chicago Bears personalities, a former NFL Umpire, NBC5 President Larry Wert, Entreprenuer Cherryl Thomas and more.
CRCA Membership Meeting speakers have come to us from
our own CRCA Membership, NRCA, MRCA, General Contractor
and Architectural Associations, plus many other groups.
CRCA Membership Meetings have been an industry tradition
and learning ground for CRCA Members since the inception
of the Association in the 1870’s.
Come to a CRCA Membership Luncheon Meeting or the CRCA Scholarship Dinner and find out what
generations have been taking advantage of for over 100
2015 March Membership Meeting and Luncheon
CRCA Speaker, Jack Towarnicky (Willis) speaking on Affordable Healthcare
2015 May Membership Meeting and CRCA Scholarship Dinner
2015 Recipient Michael McGinley with Scholarship Committee Members
Dave Lowery, Chris Cronin and Rod Petrick
CRCA Speaker Chris Carter and Alison Flury (Safety Check Inc.)
• Back to
the Events Page