JANUARY 22nd & 23rd, 2015
"Be Prepared - Change Continues"
"Roofing Week in Chicago"
2015 Seminars & Speakers
Check out the Presentations below!
Wednesday, January 21, 2015
- CRCA @ Chicago Area Chapter, RCI Education Day- CRCA's Executive Director Bill McHugh presented an update on what CRCA's Committees had done in 2014 at the RCI Event during 'Roofing Week in Chicago'. Check out the presentation he gave at the session.
Thursday, January 22, 2015
- 9:00 - 11:00 am, CRCA Roofing Industry Breakfast, "Be Prepared - Change Continues" The 2015 panel included Mark Graham, NRCA for Andre Desjarlais,
DOE/Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Mark
Graham, NRCA and Matt Dupuis, Structural
Research, Inc. (SRI) and CRCA Executive Director Bill McHugh, who set the tone for this year’s programming on such topics as Moisture Effects on Insulation Facers, Structural Lightweight Concrete, R-Values, the DOE Oak Ridge National Laboratory, and other important topics that affect the Roofing and Waterproofing industry.
Thursday, January 22, 2015
- 1:00 - 2:15 pm, " Research: Roof Insulation
Facers & Water Based Adhesives” Matt
Dupuis & Rene DuPuis, SRI, researched the effects of moisture on insulation board facer strength. Funded by the Chicagoland Roofing Council, the goal of the research is to find out how much moisture causes issues and how fast. Also, research by NRCA & MRCA on water based adhesives is covered in this duo presented program. The program is still being refined for posting. Check back to see this program in February.
- 3:30 - 5:00 pm, “R Values for Dummies – For Low & Steep Slope Roofing” Are you prepared for the 2015 IECC Codes being adopted by the State of Illinois? Don’t miss this important seminar,
presented by Darren Meyers, (International
Energy Conservation Code Consultants), Illinois Capital Development Board’s Lisa Mattingly and CRCA's Executive Director, Bill McHugh.
Friday, January 23, 2015
- 7:00 - 9:00 am, “Roofing and Waterproofing Safety, Then and Now” This important field-focused presentation will explore historical safety measures put into place since OSHA’s inception over 40 years ago to protect the work force from job
related injury or death. The program will reinforce today’s safety mandates and highlight what’s to come in the future. Presented by the CRCA / OSHA Safety Alliance. Geared for Field Personnel, Foreman, Superintendents and Owners as well.
- 7:45-8:45 am – “Ventilation, Low & Steep Sloped Roofs" Ventilation and engineering the space above the
ceiling or in the attic always results in debate. NRCA's Mark Graham stood in for an ill Andre Desjarlais, Oak Ridge National Laboratories brings the audience new info on this important topic that can solve a ton of issues while updating CRCA on the ORNL’s Research Activities for the many
facets of the building envelope.
- 9:30-10:30 am – “Structural Lightweight
Concrete and Roofs” Everyone wants the roof on now to keep the building dry. SRI’s Matt DuPuis discusses roofing adhesives attaching to structural
lightweight concrete. How can we provide a
watertight, functioning roof in the timeframe the
General Contractor wants? Don’t miss this session to learn about this important issue.
- 11:15 am-12:15 pm – “What Issues Cost You Money?” Roofing is a technical industry with codes, standards, plus many low and steep slope roof
configurations adding to the complexity. Mark
Graham, NRCA’s Associate Executive Director of Technical Services tackles the top issues that cost all parties in the roofing team money - codes, standards and more, highlighting what to look for. Come learn valuable information how to comply with all the
requirements and yet save you money.
LOCATION: Drury Lane Conference Center, 100 Drury Lane, Oakbrook Terrace, IL
OFFICIAL HOTELS: Hilton Suites or Hilton Garden Inn
PROGRAMMING: Seminar Preview
EXHIBITORS: Trade Show Floor Plan
2015 Trade Show Exhibit Hall Hours
Thursday, January 22, 2015, 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
Friday, January 23, 2015, 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
2015 EXHIBITOR INFORMATION ARCHIVES
PAST TRADE SHOW INFO:
2014 "Decoding Roofing & Waterproofing Today"
HPSF/NRCA's Stephen Phillips - Legal Risk for all, Contractor, Specifier, Consultant
Illinois Roofing License Law Enforcement
Margaret Vaughan - Overview of the Law
Margery Newman - Legal relationnship and the IL Roofing Contractor Licensing Law
2014 CRCA Trade Show Committee
Left to right: Phil Diederich, Ron Quimby, Greg Johnson, Fred Creed, Greg Dedic, Tony Roque, Bruce Diederich, Dave Hamill, Tyson Everett, Ross Ridder. (Not shown: Rod Petrick)
• Back to the Events Page