ROOFING WEEK IN CHICAGO - 35 YEARS STRONG!
CRCA Trade Show & Seminars - January 18-19, 2018!
2018 CRCA Trade Show and Seminars Programming
"Roofing Week in Chicago - 35 Years Strong"
- New Programming - Wednesday, January 17, 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. - CRCA’s Chicagoland Women in Roofing and Emerging Leaders have joined forces to provide important educational programming geared for these two segments of the Roofing and Waterproofing Industry. Come and participate in an innovative forum led by Steve Ritter, leading Business Coach and Consultant as he explores how to align your career path with purpose. Participants will leave with a customized early/middle/late career strategy tailored to individual strengths. Round Table and Seminar Format. Register today!
- CRCA Roofing Industry Breakfast - Thursday, January 18, 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
The 2018 CRCA Roofing Industry Breakfast panel sets the stage for two days of great education! Industry Leaders Matt Dupuis, Mark Graham, Tom Hutchinson, Brian Must, Dennis Runyan, Paul Scelsi, Chris Thomas and Wade Tutt will give brief insights into their Thursday afternoon and Friday programs. Topics include Limiting Liability for Roofing Professionals, Roofing & Concrete Moisture Issues, Ventilation, Low Slope Commercial Insurance Claims, I-9 Compliance, Safety and Roofing Technical & Code Updates.
Crystal Ballroom/English Rooms, PRE-REG REQUIRED. Free to Specifiers, Roof Consultants, Building
Owners & Managers and Building Code Officials. Nominal Charge for Contractors, Manufacturers, Suppliers and Distributors.
- "Ventilation & Balance, Residential Focus." - Thursday, January 18, 12:30-2:00 p.m. - Paul Scelsi, Air Vent, Inc. provides insight into vent specifications including size and type, the International Residential Code
requirements and more during this hard charging updated program. Don’t miss this popular speaker!
- "Roofing & Litigation Perspectives Panel." - Thursday, January 18, 2:45-4:00 p.m. -
Join Industry Experts Attorney Brian Must, Esq., (Metz Lewis Brodman Must O’Keefe LLC), Roof
Consultant Tom Hutchinson (Hutchinson Design Group) and Roofing Contractor Dennis Runyan (Dryspace Inc.) as they unravel ways to keep yourself out of court. Regardless of which role you play, this program has answers to protect you and your company from liability.
- "I-9 Compliance- How Ready Are You?" -Thursday, January 18, 2:45-4:00 p.m. -
This important seminar is geared for the Contractor, Supplier and Consultant Office Staff to help insure preparation for U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE) audits. Don’t be caught liable for huge fines if your paperwork is not in order. Chris Thomas, Esq. (Ogletree Deakins) will present on compliance and steps to follow if ICE comes calling.
- "Roofing Industry Health and Safety Update Silica Standard Education. " - Friday, January 19, 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. - Presented by the CRCA Safety Committee, Frank Marino CSP of Safety Check and John Newquist CSP, Newquist Safety (formerly with OSHA) will provide attendees with in depth education about issues affecting the roofing industry. This review will include fiscal year OSHA inspection data, as well as, the new OSHA Silica Standard and what roofing contractors need to know to comply with the new silica rules. If your workers are on job sites where silica dust is present, attend this important session! Other safety updates too!
- "Benefits of Using an Insurance Claim Adjuster." - Friday, January 19, 7:45 - 8:45 a.m. -
Wade Tutt (Paramount Adjusters) will present on benefits of using an expert when roofing losses occur on commercial buildings. Contractors, Consultants, Specifiers, Building Officials and Building Owners will benefit as he connects the dots between the loss, claims navigation and how to be proactive for the future.
- "Structural Lightweight Concrete - Proceed with Caution." - Friday, January 19, 9:30 - 10:30 a.m. -
Using data from CRCA, CRC, NRCA, CRCA (Canadian), The Roofing Industry Alliance For Progress, GAF, Johns Manville & Soprema funded research, Matt Dupuis, PhD PE (SRI) will share continued findings on how Structural Lightweight Concrete (SLWC) affects roofing – during operations and long after the roofing contractor is off the project. Using the Midwest’s weather as a control, learn the effects of SLWC on roofing operations, precipitation / SLWC drying capabilities, insulation selection, vapor retarder decisions, design and more.
"Roofing Technical Issues - Can You Comply?" - Friday, January 19, 11:15 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. -
Mark Graham, (NRCA Associate Executive Director of Technical Services) will present important roofing technical issues including what to expect in the new 2018 International Codes, the 2021 International Energy Code development process and other key technical issues that affect roofing contractors, consultants and design professionals’ delivery of a functioning roof assembly to the building owner or manager. Don’t miss this fast paced and informative seminar!
- Exhibitor Booth Space is sold out. To be placed on the 2018 Wait List, use the attached Exhibitor Contract or Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- 2018 Exhibitors, please use the links below for event services, hotel, lead retrieval, sponsorship, promotion and more. Contact email@example.com or 708-449-3340 for more information.
TRADE SHOW & SEMINARS ARCHIVES - Check out Past Presentations!
• Back to the Events Page