SAVE THE DATE FOR NEXT YEAR'S CRCA TRADE SHOW & SEMINARS!
JANUARY 17-18, 2019
The 2019 Exhibitor Space is Sold Out.
Submit the 2019 Exhibitor Contract to be placed on the Wait List. Contact info@CRCA.org for more information.
2018 Seminar Programming
Thank you to all the 2018 Exhibitors, Sponsors and Attendees for another great event. Detailed Seminar descriptions & presentation content below. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for 2018 attendee certificate of attendance, if needed.
Wednesday, January 17 - CRCA’s Chicagoland Women in Roofing (CWIR) and Emerging Leaders (EL) Committees joined forces to provide an innovative forum led by Steve Ritter, leading Business Coach and Consultant as he explored how to align attendee's career paths with purpose.
- CRCA's Roofing Industry Breakfast - Thursday, January 18
The 2018 CRCA Roofing Industry Breakfast panel gave brief insights into the Thursday afternoon and Friday educational programs: Matt Dupuis, PhD, PE Presentation , Mark Graham Presentation, Tom Hutchinson Presentation, Brian Must, Esq., Dennis Runyan, Chris Thomas, Esq. Presentation, and Wade Tutt Presentation. Topics included Limiting Liability for Roofing Professionals, Roofing & Structural Lightweight Concrete Issues, Low Slope Commercial Insurance Claims, ICE Audits and Employee Verification Forms (I-9) for Compliance, and Roofing Technical & Code Updates.
- "Ventilation & Balance, Residential Focus." - Thursday, January 18 - Paul Scelsi, Air Vent, Inc. provided insight into vent specifications including size and type, the International Residential Code requirements and more during this hard charging & updated program. ( Presentation.)
- "Roofing & Litigation Perspectives Panel." - Thursday, January 18, Industry Experts Attorney Brian Must, Esq., (Metz Lewis Brodman Must O’Keefe LLC), Roof Consultant Tom Hutchinson (Hutchinson Design Group - ) and Roofing Contractor Dennis Runyan (Dryspace Inc.) presented from each perspective ways to protect attendees from liability and out of court. (BIO Must, Presentation Hutchinson PDF, BIO Runyan.)
- "Employee Verification I-9 Forms & Compliance- How Ready Are You?" -Thursday, January 18 - Christopher Thomas, Esq., Ogletree Deakins, provided key informatio on preparation for U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE) audits and Employee Eligibility (I-9) Forms.(Presentation).
- "Roofing Industry Safety Update." - Friday, January 19 - Presented by the CRCA Safety Committee, Frank Marino CSP ( Presentation) of Safety Check and John Newquist CSP, Newquist Safety (formerly with OSHA) provided attendees key information on issues affecting roofing industry safety. This review included fiscal year OSHA inspection data, as well as, the new OSHA Silica Standard, (Presentation).
- "Benefits of Using an Insurance Claim Adjuster." - Friday, January 19, - Wade Tutt (Paramount Adjusters) discussed the benefits of using an insurance expert when roofing losses occur on commercial buildings. Attendees learned key information between the loss, claims navigation and how to be proactive for the future. (Presentation).
"Structural Lightweight Concrete - Proceed with Caution." - Friday, January 19, 9:30 - Using data from research funded by CRCA, CRC, NRCA, and others, Matt Dupuis, PhD, PE (SRI) presented continued findings on how Structural Lightweight Concrete (SLWC) affects roofing – during operations and long after the roofing contractor is off the project. Dupuis provided brand new research results from testing done during the Fall of 2017. (Presentation).
- "Roofing Technical Issues - Can You Comply?" - Friday, January 19. - Mark Graham, (NRCA Vice President of Technica Services )provided important roofing technical issues including what to expect in the new 2018 International Codes, the 2021 International Energy Code development process and other key technical issues that affect roofing contractors, consultants and design professionals’ delivery of a functioning roof assembly to the building owner or manager. (Presentation).
2018 EXHIBITOR INFORMATION
Contracts for the 2019 CRCA Trade Show & Seminar Exhibitor Space will be available after March 9, 2018.
TRADE SHOW & SEMINARS ARCHIVES - Check out Past Presentations!
• Back to the Events Page