CRCA Trade Show Presentations
- 2018 Trade Show: Ventilation & Balance, Residential Focus." Paul Scelsi, Air Vent, Inc.
- 2018 Trade Show "Roofing & Litigation Perspectives Panel." , - Thursday, January 18, Industry Experts Attorney Brian Must, Esq., (Metz Lewis Brodman Must O’Keefe LLC), Roof Consultant Tom Hutchinson (Hutchinson Design Group - ) and Roofing Contractor Dennis Runyan (Dryspace Inc.) presented from each perspective ways to protect attendees from liability and out of court. (BIO Must, Presentation Hutchinson PDF, BIO Runyan.)
- "Employee Verification I-9 Forms & Compliance- How Ready Are You?" -Thursday, January 18 - Christopher Thomas, Esq., Ogletree Deakins, provided key informatio on preparation for U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE) audits and Employee Eligibility (I-9) Forms.(Presentation).
- "Roofing Industry Safety Update." - Friday, January 19 - Presented by the CRCA Safety Committee, Frank Marino CSP ( Presentation) of Safety Check and John Newquist CSP, Newquist Safety (formerly with OSHA) provided attendees key information on issues affecting roofing industry safety. This review included fiscal year OSHA inspection data, as well as, the new OSHA Silica Standard, (Presentation).
- "Benefits of Using an Insurance Claim Adjuster." - Friday, January 19, - Wade Tutt (Paramount Adjusters) discussed the benefits of using an insurance expert when roofing losses occur on commercial buildings. Attendees learned key information between the loss, claims navigation and how to be proactive for the future. (Presentation).
- "Structural Lightweight Concrete - Proceed with Caution." - Friday, January 19, 9:30 - Using data from research funded by CRCA, CRC, NRCA, and others, Matt Dupuis, PhD, PE (SRI) presented continued findings on how Structural Lightweight Concrete (SLWC) affects roofing – during operations and long after the roofing contractor is off the project. Dupuis provided brand new research results from testing done during the Fall of 2017. (Presentation).
- "Roofing Technical Issues - Can You Comply?" - Friday, January 19. - Mark Graham, (NRCA Vice President of Technica Services )provided important roofing technical issues including what to expect in the new 2018 International Codes, the 2021 International Energy Code development process and other key technical issues that affect roofing contractors, consultants and design professionals’ delivery of a functioning roof assembly to the building owner or manager. (Presentation)
For any presentations prior to 2018, please contact CRCA.